Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to surgery time, except for water up to two (2) hours prior to surgery time. This is critical and your surgery will need to be rescheduled if instructions are not followed.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home. We prefer that your driver stay at the office. Your driver will need to stay with you for the rest of the day at home. We recommend that you go straight home after your surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Hydrate the day before the appointment, which means drink plenty of fluids. Avoid alcohol for several days prior to your appointment.
- If your appointment is in the afternoon, be sure to eat breakfast. Remember, you only need to be six (6) hours with nothing to eat or drink.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Take any of your regular medications unless Dr. Brunetti has told you otherwise.
- Please try to avoid fingernail polish or acrylic nails as they can interfere with a sensor placed on your finger. If it is unavoidable, you do not have to remove the acrylic nails.